Job Id: ePC-8363-1 (98490927)
ASP.NET Developer with MVC, C#, JQUERY, AJAX, SQL SERVER, DB2, TORTOISE SVN, RDLC REPORTING, VISUAL STUDIO, WEB SERVICES, DELPHI/PASCAL, AD-HOC, CDC, HIPAA and CJIS Experience
Location: Columbia, SC
Duration: 12 Months
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
6. SQL SERVER
8. TORTOISE SVN
9. RDLC REPORTING
10. VISUAL STUDIO 2010/2012
11. WEB SERVICES
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
2. AD-HOC reporting skills
3. Administrative system experience related to human resource practices, Financial Billing, and data security practices for PI and PHI
4. Ability to establish positive working relationships with technical staff, customers and others involved in data-centric management.
5. Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
6. Experience with security and data classification related to CDC, HIPAA, and CJIS.
7. Knowledge of Information Technology Field, best practices, organization and operations
Category Name Required Importance Level Last Used Experience
Database Platforms DB2 Yes 7 Advanced Currently Using 2 – 4 Years
Database Platforms MS SQL Yes 6 Advanced Currently Using 2 – 4 Years
Packaged Applications MS VISUAL STUDIO 2012 Yes 9 Advanced Currently Using 2 – 4 Years
Programming Languages ASP.NET Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Programming Languages C# Yes 3 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Programming Languages JQUERY Yes 4 Advanced Currently Using 2 – 4 Years
Programming Languages RDLC REPORTING Yes 9 Advanced Currently Using 2 – 4 Years
Programming Languages SVN Yes 8 Advanced Currently Using 2 – 4 Years
Software Framwork MS MVC Framework Yes 2 Expert Currently Using 2 – 4 Years
Web Tools AJAX Yes 5 Advanced Currently Using 2 – 4 Years
Web Tools WEB SERVICES (REST, SOAP, WSDL) Yes 9 Advanced Currently Using 2 – 4 Years
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Specific Programmer duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
• Perform complex programming functions, assistance, and technical advice including design architecture, configuration, writing, testing, and documentation to complex programming of agency computer systems as assigned.
• Modernization of legacy computer systems to ASP .Net MVC environment.
• Modification of existing computer systems to be compliant with agency security requirements.
• Migration and modification of existing computers systems in older environments to newer platform environments following industry best practices.
• Ensure maximum system uptime for critical components to ensure business continuity.
• Diagnoses, isolates and de-bugs software problems and performs problem resolution.
• Monitors systems capacity and performance, plans and executes disaster recovery procedures and provides Tier 2 technical support.
• Adheres to Information Technology application development standards and security requirements.
• All code to be checked in and out through code repository Tortoise SVN.
• Ensure applications are compatible in major web browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox, etc.).
• Ensure supporting system database connection strings are updated to support database migration from DB2 to SQL database.
• Add required functionality to existing systems to retire active mainframe forms and streamline backend process where possible.
• Prepare and maintain system documentation and architecture diagrams for applications assigned.
• Work in a collaborative effort to conceptualize total systems and/or product solutions currently in place and remediation to system environment residing at the State IT Data Center.
• Ability to plan, organize, review, implement associated project milestones to completion.
• Recommend and assist in the design of system architectures to align with organizational strategic business objectives.
• Requires mastery technical and business knowledge in multiple disciplines/processes.
• Provide updates to the Project Team.
• Assist with development of policies and procedures to conform and comply with agency standard cyber security policy design related to information risk management, designation of data as to criticality, confidentiality, and protection. (NIST 800-53, FISMA, SC InfoSec Requirements
The position will be utilized for 40 hours per week for the duration of this project. The selected candidates should be able to work flexible hours where it may be necessary for work to be completed outside traditional business hours when deploying production systems rollouts.
The candidates will work closely with the Administration Applications Section Manager to identify, prioritize, and schedule workload and implementation to IT standards and procedures. The candidates will work closely with customer and subject matter experts for the system design and testing.
All timesheets shall be entered and approved in a timely manner per State contract terms. The State will not pay any extra costs (i.e. Travel, employee benefits, insurance, room and board, etc.) for temporary employees under this contract.
Client will provide:
• All required information including formulas, data, and mechanisms to check output.
• Staff to assist with any application or data questions.
• Conference rooms and scheduling for any application demos.
• Workstation and required software.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a relevant field of work or equivalent work experience.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS: NONE