Request ID: EPC-8303-1 (97590820)
Business Analysis (IIBA/CBAP/CCBA/ECBA) with technical writing and higher education experience
Location: CHARLESTON SC
Duration: 6 Months
Required Skills (Rank in Order of Importance):
Business Analysis Experience
Ability to work high-volume fast paced projects
Strong communication skills
Ability to work independently with limited supervision and prioritize workload
Technical and business writing
Preferred Skills (Rank in Order of Importance):
Application of the skills, knowledge, and competencies documented in the IIBA Business Analysis Book of Knowledge (BABOK)
Ability to work with senior level staff
Knowledge of higher education business processes and systems
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree or 5+ years business analysis related experience
Required Certifications: IIBA Certifications are (Preferred) = CBAP or CCBA or ECBA
Scope of the project:
• Business analysis related techniques, skills, knowledge, and competencies as documented in the IIBA Business Analysis Book of Knowledge (BABOK)
• Analysis of requests for potential projects and preparation for leadership approval
• Application of business analysis skills, tools, and techniques on projects; specifically redesigning functional business processes to meet the new functionality provided through the project
• Serves as a liaison facilitating communication between the campus business community and the Information Technology Division
• Redesign and documentation of business and technical processes, procedures, and policies as needed
• Negotiate buy-in from the functional users and IT related to the changes to business and technical processes, procedures, and policies that will occur during and after the project lifecycle.
• Translation of business requirements into functional and technical specifications
This business analysis assistance would include, but is not limited to:
• Works with business units to assess existing systems and processes and proposes new solutions or initiatives.
• Works with both IT and end users to ensure existing systems/processes are understood and analyzed for potential innovations, revisions, and efficiencies.
• Performs highly complex systems process analysis and design across multiple platforms and/or across functions in business areas.
• Gathers requirements and determines technical feasibility of solutions, and the objectives based on user defined needs.
• Preparation of detailed reports, documents, slides, workflows, requirements, specifications, and criteria for projects, presentations, and buy versus build decisions.
• Serves as a subject matter expert associated with functional and technical content, policies, processes, and procedures.
• Collaborates with areas across campus and with other IT teams to facilitate change through innovation and automation of existing and new processes, procedures, and policies.
• Provides time and cost estimates on the amount of analysis and development effort need based on requirements or needed procurements.