Request ID: EPC-8454-1 (98591107)
Child Support Tester with data model reading, ER Diagrams, SQL, SharePoint, Webex, ISO/IEEE, TFS, MS Test Manager, agile, automation testing and financial operations experience
Work Location: Columbia, SC
Duration: 12+ Months
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
(SEE BEELINE DESCRIPTION)
• 5+ YEARS’ EXPERIENCE PREPARING, DOCUMENTING, AND EXECUTING TEST CRITERIA, TEST CASES, TEST SCRIPTS, AND TEST PLANS FOR IT SYSTEMS PROJECTS
• 2+ YEARS’ EXPERIENCE TESTING ON CHILD SUPPORT ENFORCEMENT SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS
• THOROUGH KNOWLEDGE OF TESTING CONCEPTS SUCH AS COMPONENT TESTING, INTEGRATION TESTING, SECURITY TESTING, PERFORMANCE TESTING, REGRESSION TESTING, ACCEPTANCE TESTING
• EXPERIENCE TESTING BACK END BATCH PROCESSES AND ABLE TO VERIFY/HANDLE THE OUTPUT DATA FILES.
• ABILITY TO READ AND UNDERSTAND DATA MODELS AND ER DIAGRAMS. ABILITY TO USE SQL TO QUERY DATA.
• ABILITY TO PLAN, ORGANIZE, INSTRUCT, AND REVIEW THE WORK OF THE TESTING TEAM
• ABILITY TO USE MS OFFICE, SHAREPOINT, AND WEBEX TOOLS EFFECTIVELY
• ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE (ORALLY AND WRITTEN) EFFECTIVELY WITH TECHNICAL, NON-TECHNICAL STAFF, CUSTOMERS/STAKEHOLDERS (STATE AND FEDERAL) AND EXECUTIVES
• KNOWLEDGE OF INDUSTRY STANDARDS (E.G. ISO, IEEE)
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
(SEE BEELINE DESCRIPTION)
• EXPERIENCE WITH MICROSOFT TEAM FOUNDATION SERVER (TFS) AND MICROSOFT TEST MANAGER
• UNDERSTANDING OF AGILE OR ITERATIVE SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT METHODOLOGIES
• A STRONG UNDERSTANDING OF THE BASICS OF FINANCIAL OPERATIONS, FROM RECEIPTS TO DISBURSEMENTS TO RECONCILIATION
• EXPERIENCE WITH AUTOMATED TESTING TOOLS
• BS DEGREE
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is a new position for a system tester to assist in the testing and certification processes of the Child Support Enforcement System.
Testers will report to the Testing Manager to monitor and support the execution of all testing phases related to system development.
• Work with the State’s Subject Matter Experts (SME) and Business Analysts to develop test scenarios/test cases and test scripts.
• Review requirements, component designs and use cases and maintain test script traceability to each as applicable
• Prepare test data, including interface data files as needed, for executing test scripts
• Execute test scripts
• Record and verify test results
• Analyze and report test results
• Participate in functional design sessions
• Report defects to Test Manager/Test Team
• Perform Regression Tests
• Reproduce defects/demonstrate defects to development as needed
• Participate in Incident Review Meetings as needed
• Provide data analysis and root cause analysis as needed
• Participate on the monitoring and reporting on the execution of the System Development Contractor’s performance under the CFS Project contract as it relates to all testing phases. This involves working with System Development Contractor’s tools and appropriately extracting data to produce metrics and reports.
Other Responsibilities include:
• Review Test Plans
• Participate in Test Readiness Reviews
• Review test related work products, including but not limited to system test reports, artifacts and requirements traceability matrix as needed.
• Provide input to determine project test reports/metrics
Program Management Manual Testing Yes 5 Advanced Within 2 Years 4 – 6 Years
Quality Assurance (QA) CREATION OF TEST SCENARIOS Yes 2 Advanced Within 2 Years 4 – 6 Years
Quality Assurance (QA) INTEGRATION TESTING Yes 6 Intermediate Within 5 Years 2 – 4 Years
Quality Assurance (QA) Software Testing Yes 1 Advanced Within 2 Years 4 – 6 Years
Quality Assurance (QA) Test Case Development Yes 3 Advanced Within 2 Years 4 – 6 Years
Quality Assurance (QA) Test Scripts Yes 3 Advanced Within 2 Years 4 – 6 Years
Quality Assurance (QA) Interface Testing No 6 Intermediate Within 5 Years 2 – 4 Years
Quality Assurance (QA) MICROSOFT TEST MANAGER (MTM) No 5 Intermediate Within 2 Years 1 – 2 Years
Quality Assurance (QA) UAT – User Acceptance Testing No 5 Intermediate Within 5 Years 1 – 2 Years
Specialties Business Analysis experience to include data flow diagrams, requirements specifications, use case scenarios, and acceptance testing. Yes 4 Intermediate Within 5 Years 2 – 4 Years
Additional Skills: Child Support experience is required
Automated Testing Tools is preferred