Job ID: EPC-NC-485216 (96990103)
COBOL Programmer with z/OS, CICS/web services, CA DB2, ENDEVOR, BA, QA and DMV experience
Location: Raney Building, 104 Fayetteville St;, Raleigh, nc 27601 (DOT)
Duration: 12 months
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
IBM z/OS Required 5 Years
COBOL/CICS/DB2 Required 5 Years
CICS Web Services Desired 2 Years
ENDEVOR Required 5 Years
CA DB2 Products Required 5 Years
DMV Application Systems Desired 1 Years
Business Systems Analysis Required 2 Years
Quality Assurance tools Highly desired 2 Years
The Specialist will be responsible for analysis of complex legacy program modules, coding, code review and testing of new and existing modules for major modifications to legacy applications.
The NC Department of Transportation (NCDOT) is seeking to fill a short term (approx. 12 month) contractor assignment. The selected candidate will fill the role of Specialist on the State Automated Driver License System(SADLS). The Specialist will be responsible for analysis of complex legacy program modules, coding, code review and testing of new and existing modules for major modifications to legacy applications.
• Analyze, define, and document requirements for data and business processes
• Design, construct, document, and coordinate desired changes to legacy modules
• Provide quality control for project deliverables
• Document the program and project deliverables as assigned
• Analyze and estimate feasibility and compatibility with other programs and projects
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
– Minimum of 5 years of experience in corporate or government as programmer analyst.
– Proven experience in programming techniques, programming languages in the mainframe environment.
– Proven knowledge of principles and techniques of computer programming, testing, debugging, implementation and documentation.
– Proven experience with analysis and design.
– Proven experience with quality control of deliverables including code review, test case preparation, unit and system testing.
– Excellent communication skilsl (written, verbal, presentations)
– Excellent organization, analytical, planning and scheduling skills
– Ability to resolve highly complex problems.
– Self-starter who can work with a large and diverse team of business, management and IT individuals.
– Demonstrated experience working with large project teams.
– Microsoft Suite experience (e.g, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), COBOL, CICS, DB2, Easytrieve, TSO, MVS JCL, ENDEVOR, CA Tools, SQL and VSAM.
– Experience with State or county government
– Experience/knowledge of different Quality control tools and exposure to web based systems and testing.
– Experience exposing CICS and COBOL programs as web services via CICS Transaction Server (CTS)
– Experience with Enterprise Level Application Development spanning two or more business areas