Job ID: EPC-NC-483836 (99091220)
C#/VB.net developer with SSRS, crystal reports, Telerik Controls, Red-Gate, SQL, TFS, ASP.net, CSS, jQuery, Entity and food distribution/warehouse inventory tracking experience
Location: Raleigh NC
Duration: 6 months
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
Prior experience with the Food Distribution Programs and warehouse inventory tracking Desired 3 Years
Experience with SourceSafe Highly desired 3 Years
Experience with Telerik Controls Highly desired 3 Years
Experience with Red-Gate Tools Highly desired 3 Years
Considerable knowledge of reporting techniques such as Crystal reports and SSRS. Required 5 Years
Extensive knowledge and programming experience using VB.net & C# Required 5 Years
Strong SQL Server skills with experience in writing complex SQL queries, triggers, stored procedures, and user defined functions. Required 5 Years
Experience with Team Foundation Server Required 1 Years
Ability to learn new software systems and programming languages by studying available references. Required 5 Years
Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form. Required
Ability to work well with a variety of people. Required
Good management, organizational and problem solving skills. Required
Ability to understand, analyze and interpret organizations and work processes to develop or modify applications that meet business requirements. Required
Extensive knowledge and programming experience using ASP.net Required 5 Years
Extensive knowledge and programming experience using CSS Required 5 Years
Extensive knowledge and programming experience using JQuery Required 5 Years
Extensive knowledge and programming experience using Entity Framework Required 5 Years
The Food Distribution Division contributes to the nutritional well being of the Citizens of NC by distributing USDA commodities. The Division uses the Food Distribution Tracking System (FDTS) to aid in this effort.
This individual will lead a team of two programmers at Food Distribution to do enhancements to the Food Distribution Tracking System. This Architect will also be required to do hands on programming as required.
Expected Skills: Able to work without assistance; can provide leadership to others; able to manage highly complex work efforts. Skills needed Microsoft VB.Net and C#. Tools used Team Foundation Server and SourceSafe, Telerik Controls, Red-Gate Tools.
Description (including, but not limited to):
1. Windows Tablet Application that will allow truck drivers to carry tablets to destinations and check off his load and have the recipient person sign tablet along with the driver and submit paperless invoices to the driver’s manager. This will allow us to go paperless.
2. Want to take our computer driven billboard for moving unused USDA food into the current FDTS.
3. Enhancements to the existing Warehouse Tablet Application to add the following capabilities: Track USDA Foods Inventory locations; Add a tab to display reports; track inventory by date to ensure first in is first out.
4. Enhance/update current screens.
5. Give advice and assistance to division programmers on most difficult programming enhancements to the Food Distribution Tracking System (FDTS), on an occasional timeframe.
6. Give assistance on updating documentation of the most complicated features of the FDTS.
7. Give recommendations and programming assistance on any proposed changes to the architecture or security design of the FDTS.
8. Give advice and assistance, if asked, when the FDTS is migrated to new servers, or when software is upgraded on the servers.
9. Give advice and assistance if any questions of application performance arise.
10. Give assistance on any other aspect of the FDTS, as the need may arise