Job ID: NC-583947 (93390117)
Desktop Support Technician with Exchange Email, SPAM filtering, Archiving, Office 365, SharePoint, Skype, OneDrive and Outlook experience
Location: Raleigh NC (NCDIT)
Duration: 6 months
Positions: 1 (1/2)
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
Direct experience in information systems application support of Exchange Email, SPAM filtering and Archiving enterprise class systems. Required 3 Years
Experience with cloud-based application suites such as Microsoft Office 365 in a Windows environment. Required 3 Years
Experience in administration of the Microsoft Office 365 suite(Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Skype for Business, OneDrive for Business) Required 3 Years
Experience working with various Email software clients such as Outlook. Required 3 Years
The primary focus of this position will be to serve as the Unified Communications Operations Analyst for the state’s enterprise-wide shared Office 365 Cloud Solution, Mobility Management, Email Archiving, SMTP relays and Mailman. As a Tier 2 operations analyst, this individual will be responsible for the daily operational support, application consulting and processing of Incidents and Service Requests by leveraging the organization’s ITIL-based Policies and Processes. This position will also be responsible for the development of service specific standardized operational procedures and processes to optimize the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the operational support staff for new and existing solutions.
As Tier 2 operations support, this individual will also lead complex projects independently and serve as the escalation point for Tier 1 Incident and Problem Management and Request fulfillment activities. This position is highly technical in nature and requires regular off-shit, on-call, and weekend work.
Specifically, this position will be responsible for:
• Performing daily operational customer support activities for Incident and Service Requests.
• Driving timely delivery and resolution of customer requests to meet all defined Service and Operating Level Agreements.
• Collaborating with Service Desk Team members to improve First Call Resolution (FCR) by encouraging a consistently high level of customer service and support of the Unified Communications portfolio of services.
• Coordinating resources across multiple teams toward solution, implementation, and support.
• Effectively completing assigned Tier 2 analyst tasks in a timely manner while meeting or exceeding expected results and quality expectations.
• Driving service improvement by supporting and championing the Continual Service Improvement (CSI) efforts and processes within Unified Communications service operations teams.
• Executing assigned technology Requests for Change by leveraging the Change Management processes.
• Remaining up-to-date on Office 365 changes in service and product offerings.
. Provide application consulting to customers and O365 administrators.
• Consistently striving to learn new skills, evaluate new technologies, and apply new and existing techniques that can be leveraged to enhance the current service offering while improving professional competency in these disciplines.
• Configuration and support of Microsoft Office 365 Cloud Solution on various customer platforms.
• Understanding of the Enterprise Application Infrastructure and the integration between all systems.
• Troubleshooting, diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex technical issues experienced by customers.
• Providing mid-level support and basic Linux commands for the SMTP Relay and Mailman List Services.
• Providing mid-level support for the Anti-Virus/Anti-Spam services using the US Internet Securence solution and administrative console.
• Ability to create and implement Power Shell Scripts.
• Participating in the weekly service on-call rotation and responding to escalations 24/7.
• Serving as the backup analyst fulfilling the general agency public records Email Restore requests in the event of resource deficiencies.
• Initiation and termination of accurate billing activities for assigned agencies of the DIT Unified Communications services.
• Providing communication to end users concerning the status of Incidents, Service Requests and Changes.
• Compiling data through the ITSM Tool that will be used for management information and reporting.
• Establishing and implementing work procedures to ensure the department can respond quickly and effectively provide customer support.
• Maintaining accurate information on all customer mailboxes and configurations within the service.
• Completing Root Cause Analysis tasks to accurately determine the true source of pervasive problems.
• Following DIT Policy, Processes, and Procedures to ensure quick and effective resolutions.
• Developing and maintaining documentation of Office 365 Cloud Solutions, Mailman, Email, and Archiving processes, procedures, knowledge base articles, and implemented customer solutions.
• Training and Transition of procedures to Tier 1 Analysts.
• Performing additional duties as assigned and required to maintain operations.