Request ID: EPC-8897-1 (98090816)
DOT PM with USDOT-defined Transit Core Suite, Federal Transit Administration, National Transit Database and USDOT Intelligent Transportation system experience
Location: Columbia, SC
Duration: 12+ Months
Required Skills (rank in order of Importance
• Significant project management experience working with state or local government(s).
• Experience working in public transit agency or directly with public transit agencies.
• Proven working experience in project management in the information technology sector.
• Knowledge of USDOT-defined Transit Core Suite of Technology and their use.
• Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and transit technologies.
• Excellent external and internal communication skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
Knowledge of Federal Transit Administration reporting requirements (National Transit Database)
Knowledge of USDOT Intelligent Transportation System requirements
Scope of the project:
Take direction from Client Office of Public Transit and Client IT Services software development group, understand the reporting requirements, understand the data requirements, determine the software requirements, ensure said software collects required information, ensure said software produces data and reporting output compatible with the office of public transit, produce documentation that will assist with creation of software by the Client it services software development group. provide end-user support and training when required.
Daily Duties / Responsibilities:
Work directly with the office of public transit and software development group. gather system and process requirements. produce documents describing requirements and provide to software developers. assist with software testing when required. assist with end-user support when required. meet with management to provide reports of project status. make site visits to end-users for purpose of collecting feedback for system improvement. submit daily log of activities.
Administrative Organizational Skills No 1 Advanced Currently Using 6 + Years
Administrative Verbal Communication Skills No 1 Advanced Currently Using 6 + Years
Administrative Written Communication Skills No 1 Advanced Currently Using 6 + Years
Miscellaneous experience in government IT projects as a business analyst or related duties Yes 1 Advanced Within 6 Months 2 – 4 Years
Miscellaneous Software development No 1 Intermediate Within 6 Months 2 – 4 Years
Program Management Project Management experience Yes 1 Advanced Within 6 Months 2 – 4 Years