Job ID: NC-584513 (97590211)
GIS Developer with ArcGIS Desktop/Pro/Portal/Enterprise, Esri Mobile COTS Tools, Collector, Survey123, Workforce, Navigator, OpenSource GIS and Drone experience
Location: Raleigh NC (NCDOT)
Duration: 12 months
Positions: 1 (1/2)
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
Esri Mobile COTS Tools (Collector for ArcGIS, Survey123, Workforce, Navigator, etc.) Required 3 Years
Open Source GIS Required 3 Years
ArcGIS Desktop/Pro Required 4 Years
ArcGIS Online Required 4 Years
Excellent communication skills Required 4 Years
Portal for ArcGIS Highly desired 3 Years
Drone experience (Collecting data, Processing/formatting data, Importing data from drone to NCDIT, Serving data) Nice to have 4 Years
ArcGIS Enterprise (Sites, Server) Nice to have 4 Years
Bachelor’s degree four-year college or technical school in GIS, Surveying, Engineering, Geography, Information Systems or related degree.
Two or more Years
The Mobile GIS Analyst is responsible for completing assigned tasks under the supervision of the Mobile GIS Coordinator. The Mobile GIS Analyst, under general supervision, assists in the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of systems, software, GIS, RS, GPS, and data integration solutions to administrative, scientific, and technical problems through the use of computer technology. The Mobile GIS Analyst is considered to possess mid-level GIS and analytical skills that are beyond those of the Technician level.
• Use various GIS software (primarily Esri ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online), as well as various geographic data formats and standard data conversion and transformation methods, for geographic analysis. Open source GIS experience a plus as Open Source will be investigated for use in different projects etc.
• Create maps, reports, documentation, and presentations in support of various Mobile GIS and technology efforts.
• ArcGIS Online development, web maps, story maps, ability to utilize AGOL to disseminate Mobile GIS collections.
• Participates as needed in meetings to fully understand expected project outcomes and provide feedback and suggestions.
• Creates documentation/technical writing at the direction and collaboratively with the Mobile GIS coordinator.
• Works cooperatively with other NCDIT employees and Managers to complete assigned work.
• Proactively seeks input and clarification from other NCDIT employees assigned to given projects to minimize time spent in performing the essential duties of the position.
• Thinking outside the box, and troubleshooting skills.
• Many efforts are short in length and require immediate support for field personnel.
Practical Experience / User of Following Technologies:
• Esri Mobile COTS Tools (Collector for ArcGIS, Survey123, Workforce, Navigator, etc.)
• Open GIS
• ArcGIS Desktop/Pro
• Portal for ArcGIS
• ArcGIS Online
• Excellent communication skills
• Outgoing personality
Nice to have but not required
• Drone experience
• Collecting data
• Processing/formatting data
• Importing data from drone to NCDIT
• Serving data
• ArcGIS Enterprise