Job Id: EPC-8312-1 (97590828)
Data Analyst with BA, data analytics, SQL/Python/R code, R/RStudio/QlikView/Tableau, process/data models and healthcare insurance/HIT/Medicaid/Social Services/Public benefit program experience
Location: Columbia, SC
Duration: 12 Months
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. 5+ years of practical experience with data visualization and data analytics.
2. 5 + years experience with querying language
3. 5+ years of experience coordinating complex data architecture to align with business needs
4. Ability to create/interpret system and business process and business data models.
5. Requirements gathering experience
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. Prior Health Information Technology and/or Program experience
2. Prior experience with Medicaid, Social Services, or similar public benefit programs
3. Experience in an outsourced healthcare insurance operations environment.
1. College Degree or equivalent work experience required. Preference will be given to, in no particular order:
a. BS degree in Computer Science, Applied Math or similar discipline
1. Work alongside appropriate staff, teams, stakeholders and other points of contact (POCs) as required, to understand the goals and objectives of complex information systems
2. Analyze and document data requirements and relationships.
3. Document policy requirements and business rules to be carried over as to-be requirements.
4. Use feedback from technical and non-technical users to enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems.
5. Use complex thinking and analysis to sift through large amounts of data to extract pertinent insights.
6. Write SQL, Python and R code without depending on a guided user interface.
7. Other related activities as assigned.
Experience must include well-documented success in interpreting, analyzing and relaying results of data analysis to individuals and/or groups of varying experience with data analysis methodologies
Experience with conducting ad-hoc and regularly scheduled analysis and presenting results in a clear manner is ideal.
Experience with health information technology (HIT), Medicaid reporting, and experience in an outsourced healthcare insurance operations environment are preferred.
Experience with any or all the following technologies is desirable for this position:
• Data analysis and visualization using technology such as R, RStudio, QlikView, and Tableau
• Exposure to UML and architectural modeling using tools such as Rational and SPARX
• Big Data and NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB, Marklogic, Cassandra, and Hadoop
• Strong experience in a scripting language such as Python or R-
• Medicaid Management Information Systems (or other Health Information Technologies)
• The ideal candidate has experience in all of the following product categories with at least one of the corresponding vendor technologies:
Product Category Vendor Technology
Big Data, NoSQL Hortonworks, Cloudera, Intel, , Cassandra, MarkLogic, Couchbase, , Labs, , MongoDB
Pivotal Platform HAWQ, Gemfire, Spring XD, MADlib, PivotalR, Greenplum, PostgreSQL, PL/R, Pythonu, plpy
Data Modeling , UML, ERwin, , Rational Data Architect, Star Schema, Snowflake, , Navigator,
James Martin, IEF, IEW, 3rd Normal Form, ER/Studio, SA, RDA, ADRM, Big Data Modeling Techniques
ETL, ELT, ETML, EAI Sqoop, pig, Composite, Information Server, Custom, Informatica, ETI, Data Stage EE, SAS ETL, SSIS 2008; Talend
Metadata MITI MIMB,Unicorn, IBM Metadata Workbench, MetaStage, Ron Ross, Platinum Repository, Global IDS
Database Pivotal Hawq, Hortonworks, Kudu, z/OS DB2, UDB DB2, SQL Server, Netezza, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL