Job ID: NC-623441 (98590316)
Healthcare PM (PMP) with MS Project and government experience
Location: Raleigh NC (DHHS)
Duration: 12 months
Interview: In-person or webcam
Positions: 1 (1/2)
Required / Desired Amount of Experience
Project management experience, preferably with large, complex automation implementation efforts involving vendor managment Required 7 Years
Demonstrated Project Management experience on system deployments with multiple clients Required 7 Years
Proven track record of delivering IT projects within budget, scope and schedule. Required 7 Years
Objective decision-making ability based on strategic objectives priority, business performance analysis and resource availability Required
Hands on experience managing project risk, cost, schedule, quality, testing, and communications. Required 7 Years
Strong supervision, organizational, interpersonal and time management skills. Required
Demonstrated presentation, training skills, oral and written communication skills. Required
Solid work experience with project management tools (e.g. Microsoft Project) Required 7 Years
Experience with MS Office Required 7 Years
PMI certification Project Management Professional (PMP) Highly desired
State Government experience Highly desired
Experience managing implementation of a statewide IT project Highly desired
Experience developing business case documents, conducting market and cost analysis Highly desired 4 Years
The NC Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is a senior project manager to manage the planning and implementation of a statewide IT project. This lead project management role will work with the selected vendor(s) to analyze, plan and modernize DSS application. This position will be responsible for working with senior-level business executives, IT personnel, business program resources and Vendor staff to execute project requirements and manage stakeholder expectations. This position will manage the day to day activities for the project and complete all input to the State Project Management (Touchdown) system as needed.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Developing and maintaining detailed project schedule, budget and monitoring expenditures
• Developing and maintaining all required project management artifacts following State, DHHS and PMBOK guidelines
• Working with vendors to manage contract deliverables, oversee all vendor activities to ensure that all the milestones are met
• Supervising business case development activities, ensuring that project plans and schedules are established and maintained, ensuring that deliverables are completed timely and accurately
• Establishing project governance, conducting formal presentations, coordinating with all project stakeholders and ensure that appropriate project controls are instituted
• Serving as an IT project liaison to the business client
• Working with business stakeholders to develop necessary project management, change management rollout and training plans
• Working with the technical team to ensure technical readiness during implementation
The selected candidate must be a results-oriented individual with a very strong work ethic and must be able to demonstrate excellent IT Project Management, negotiation, communication and problem-solving skills.
• Capable of leading effective project meetings that are tailored to the audience
• Ability to create simple to complex project plans, timelines and work breakdown structures using project management tools.
• Ability to write and present effective project materials, including presentations and status reports
• Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff, clients and other IT personnel.
• Ability to effectively identify and resolve system or business process/project issues.
• Ability to build, influence, lead and motivate effective teams towards end results.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including development of project