Request ID: EPC-8360-1 (915890926)
Healthcare/SOA PM with BA/documentation and Medicaid/human services/HIT/MMIS/DHHS experience
Location: Columbia SC
Duration: 12+ Months
Remote : 20%
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Demonstrates sound supervisory skills with efforts to promote equal opportunity
• Experience with developing software solutions based on SOA
• Ensures that all reporting and documentation for the MES Program are processed with high quality.
• Able to interpret and document business requirements to meet both state and federal requirements.
• Able to formulate technical resolutions to business issues.
• Able to troubleshoot and resolve problems.
• Able to work closely with others in a team environment.
• Able to work independently, self-motivated.
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Direct experience working on technical projects in Medicaid and/or human services bureaucracy organizations.
• HIT/MMIS/DHHS, certification courses and/or job related trainings.
• Advanced management skills.
• Direct experience managing development operations units for large, multi-vendor system integration projects.
Bachelors in IT, Business or equivalent experience
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Within project schedules and other defined deadlines, candidate will provide functional and technical services including:
• Performs fundamental supervisory and leadership functions in accordance with Department policies and
procedures, best practices and Federal and State rules and regulations, especially with regard to Equal
Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) standards. Maintains an effective organizational team and
motivates diverse staff to accomplish mission critical operations and objectives. Promotes workforce
• Directs the MES Program by defining project objectives and scope by reviewing the MITA Standards and
related regulations to determine time frames, available funding, procedures and various phases of the
project life cycle. Manages and directs the program to ensure compliance with State and Federal
regulations and awards.
• Direct Management of client technical team, contract solution providers, and Medicaid Enterprise
System Integrator (MESI) vendor. Strategic coordination of all project level contributions to the overall
program effort utilizing MESI tools and development resources.
• Responsible for designing, managing, and incrementally improving a development operations unit
dedicated to the creation of an integration hub and enterprise data warehouse (EDW) based on service-
oriented architecture (SOA) principles.
• Development of enterprise data services for client-sponsored IT projects, including (but not limited to)
the Member Management Replacement Program (MMRP), the Replacement MMIS Program, and the
Integrated Case Management Information System (ICMIS) Program.
• Responsible for building the MES leadership team at the program and project level by implementing
concept of product and business ownership for all MES-related projects.
• Effective communication and risk management in conjunction with IV&V at the program level and Steering
Committee at the Enterprise level.
• Develops the program budget and manages expenses within the allocated budget.
• Develops and implements a plan for communication throughout the agency. In conjunction with the Office
of Communications, provides regular updates and status reports to federal entities, agency management
and executive staff.
• Seeks opportunities for professional development for self and key program staff. Opportunities could be
conferences related to HIT/MMIS/DHHS, certification courses related to job trainings or senior
Administrative Problem Solving Skills Yes 1
Administrative Verbal Communication Skills Yes 1
Administrative Written Communication Skills Yes 1
Miscellaneous Interpret business process and business data models Yes 1
Miscellaneous REPORTING AND ANALYTICS PRINCIPLES, THEORIES, CONCEPTS AND TECHNIQUES TO SUPPORT CREATION OF REPORTS/DASHBOARDS FOR INVESTMENT FUNCTIONALITY Yes 1
Miscellaneous Teamwork Yes 1
Program Management Supervisory Leadership Experience Yes 1
Specialties Business Analysis experience Yes 1
Specialties Documentation Yes 1