Job ID: NC-585033 (93690206 )
Helpdesk Analyst with BMC Remedy, ServiceNow, networking, ITIL, Incident/Change management and phone/printer/windows troubleshooting experience
Location: Raleigh NC (NCDIT)
Duration: 6 months
Positions: 1 (1/2)
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
Experience responding via phone and email to issues and service requests Required 3 Years
Experience with BMC Remedy 7.6 or higher or Service Now is a plus Highly desired 2 Years
Experience triaging and/or troubleshooting issues relating to Microsoft Windows 7 & 10 Required 3 Years
Experience troubleshooting network connectivity and printing Required 3 Years
Basic understanding of ITIL V3 processes such as Incident Management, Problem Management, Request Management and Change Management Required 1 Years
Work with vendors to arrange onsite support for issues such as those relating to telephone systems. Required 3 Years
The Service Desk Technician I provides entry level technical customer support via phone and email to state and local government and private business customers across North Carolina for DIT services. This position is critical in promoting a positive customer relationship and requires a high customer service orientation and strong interpersonal skills to provide support to a diverse population.
This position’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Respond via phone and email to issues and service requests, in accordance with established processes, procedures and service level agreements.
• Identify problems, categorize issues, prioritize work, troubleshoot, and provide guidance to customers.
• Document incident and service request tickets using ITSM application.
• Perform timely follow-up via phone and email on existing incident and service request tickets.
Provide support for the following DIT services:
• North Carolina Identity Management (NCID), Active Directory, VoIP/Enterprise IP Telephony (EIPT), PBX, and Centrex systems, mainframe, desktop, and unified communications.
• Determine when to escalate issues to DIT Tier 2 and Tier 3 groups, vendor, or other agency service desks.
• Work with vendors to arrange onsite support for issues such as those relating to telephone systems.
• Be familiar with offerings in the DIT Service Catalog.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
Experience providing technical support over the phone and recording details into an IT Service Management application. Understanding of call center environment. Experience with BMC Remedy 7.6 or higher or Service Now is a plus. Effective communication skills (verbal and written), including proficient typing, grammar, and spelling skills are required. Experience triaging and/or troubleshooting issues relating to Microsoft Windows 7 & 10, Microsoft Office suite, network connectivity, network printing, email, smartphones, and web-based applications. Ability to organize and follow detailed technical procedures. Capable of resolving routine problems based on existing documentation, training, and resources. Demonstrate a sense of ownership and urgency. Excellent customer service skills. Ability to establish proactive relationships with customers, including providing education to customers as appropriate. Able to convey ideas on non-routine subjects clearly. Translates technical issues into understandable terms for non-technical users. Basic understanding of ITIL V3 processes such as Incident Management, Problem Management, Request Management and Change Management. HDI Support Center Analyst certification, A+ or Security+ certification is highly desired.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Associate’s degree in computer information technology, computer technology Integration, networking technology, or related curriculum from an appropriately accredited institution; and 1-3 years of related work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Degrees must be from appropriately accredited institutions.