Job ID: NC-597427 (94790621)
Instructional Designer/IT Trainer (ITIL) with ServiceNow, LMS, eLearning/Adobe Captivate/Assima Training and technical writing experience
Location: Raleigh NC (NCDIT)
Duration: 6 months
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
Understanding of the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) IT Service Management lifecycle Required 1 Years
Experience with the ServiceNow ITIL platform (Incident, Problem, Knowledge, Service Request, Change Management, etc) Required 1 Years
Experience with eLearning software (Adobe Captivate, Assima Training Suite, etc.) Required 1 Years
Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS) Required 1 Years
Extensive experience creating documentation of training materials Required 3 Years
Understanding of technical documentation requirements for Hosting, Network, Enterprise Applications, etc. Required 2 Years
Experience preparing training and documentation for reviews with business stakeholders. Required 3 Years
experience as an IT Trainer with experience in technical writing or related field. Required 3 Years
DIT’s IT Service Excellence (ITSE) Team is seeking an organized and self-directed IT Trainer/Technical Writer with extensive experience in IT Service Management documentation. The IT Trainer/Technical Writer will assist with ITSE Team documentation of the new ITSM tool (ServiceNow) and process documentation requirements within the Department of Information Technology. This position is contract based and the term is open and the hours may be flexible within a standard business day. The position is in Raleigh, North Carolina area.
The IT Trainer/Technical Writer is tasked with documentation of training materials in support of the DIT transition to ServiceNow and the procedural documentation of Standard Pre-Approved Changes (SPACs). The IT Trainer/Technical Writer will help facilitate the collection of all training requirements and ensure that they can be transitioned to the DIT Learning Management System (LMS). The IT Trainer/Technical Writer will also track and report on the status of training and procedural documentation to all appropriate business stakeholders. In support of these activities, the IT Trainer/Technical Writer will need to coordinate with multiple service teams from the various areas of the agency to provide training, review documentation, distribute information and resolve questions.
Core Job Functions
• Understanding of the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) IT Service Management lifecycle.
• Understanding of ServiceNow ITIL platform
• Understanding of technical documentation requirements for Hosting, Network, Enterprise Applications, etc.
• Understanding Learning Management Systems (LMS)
• Prepare recorded training to be stored on the LMS.
• Prepare training and documentation for reviews with business stakeholders.
• Operate office machinery (i.e., computer, copy machine, fax machine).
• Perform miscellaneous data entry and document preparation in support of other departments.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Adhere to company standards and maintains compliance with all policies and procedures.
IT Trainer/Technical Writer Requirements and Qualifications
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex technical requirements. Familiarity with the IT Infrastructure Library and IT Service Management knowledge are experience highly preferred.
• Excellent analytical and time-management skills.
• Two years previous experience as an IT Trainer with experience in technical writing or related field.
• Basic mathematical skills, including the ability to calculate percentages.
• Solid verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
• Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
• Ability to take initiative, multi-task, prioritize, manage time efficient and effectively adapt to changes.
• Strict adherence to DIT guidelines, compliance laws, and legal requirements
License(s) & Certifications
An ITIL v3 2011 Foundations or advanced certifications is highly preferred