Job ID: NC-613963 (93591119)
Mainframe Operator with ZEKE, CA Autopoint, OPS/MVS Automation, JCL, networking, Windows/Linux/AIX/Solaris and ITIL experience
Location: Raleigh NC (NCDIT)
Duration: 6 months
Positions: 1 (1/2)
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
Mainframe operations including the use of administration tools such as ZEKE, CA Autopoint, CA OPS/MVS Automation, and JCL to manage job control. Required 3 Years
Networking to include monitoring and management of routers, firewalls, and switches. This includes troubleshooting and working with service providers Required 3 Years
Windows server OS (2008, 2012) Linux, AIX, or Solaris Operating Systems, experience with monitoring and management of client/server internal hardware Required 3 Years
Experience working in a high-stress, 24×7, secure environment with flexibility to handle multiple issues concurrently. Required 3 Years
Knowledge and basic understanding of ITIL framework. Required 3 Years
Customer focused with excellent oral and written communication skills within a business and/or technical context. Required 3 Years
This position is responsible for supporting an Integrated 24×7 Enterprise Incident Management Center. Shift work will be required. The DIT IMC monitors and reacts to events for services provided by NCDIT to other state agencies and to the public. Supported services include Network, Network Security, Mainframe, Server Hosting, Voice, Data Center, and enterprise applications. The candidate will be responsible for the monitoring, identification, initial analysis and resolution of issues related to any of these services following established procedures.
Utilizing all available tools, candidate will be required to access equipment for troubleshooting hardware, software, and configuration issues. Hardware will include network hardware such as routers and switches. Also, Windows, Linux, AIX, and Solaris servers, IBM zOS distributed mainframe servers, and VoIP Call Processing systems. CA monitoring tools such as Spectrum and SOI, and an ITSM compliant ticket management system will also be utilized. These tools will be used to diagnose network issues, failed systems, disk space issues, diagnose server OS issues, and data center physical health. You will be required to support Mainframe with regards to key commands, applications, JCL, job abends and the scheduling and monitoring of ZEKE jobs to their completion and know how to handle failures if and when they occur.
This position also requires collaboration between two physical sites but one virtual IMC and to maintain a daily shift log of events that happen on the shift and maintain the daily NetBackup status to hand off to the next shift. All work will be done in accordance to established ITIL standards.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (Required) and Management Preferences (optional).
Describe any specialized skills/competencies required for the job. Focus on skills and avoid describing preferences with years of experience. Licensures and certifications can be listed as preferences. The minimum training and experience uses years of experience and is established by OSHR. You may add additional requirements to this area. By doing so you will not receive applicants that do not meet these additional requirements. Do not add education requirements here. We will add the state’s required education and experience.
• Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Mainframe operations including the use of administration tools such as ZEKE, CA Autopoint, CA OPS/MVS Automation, and JCL to manage job control.
• Networking to include monitoring and management of routers, firewalls, and switches. This includes troubleshooting and working with service providers to resolve circuit issues and a basic understanding of IP routing principles.
• Windows server OS (2008, 2012) Linux, AIX, or Solaris Operating Systems, experience with monitoring and management of client/server internal hardware and software issues in a large computing environment.
• Experience working in a high-stress, 24×7, secure environment with flexibility to handle multiple issues concurrently.
• Knowledge and basic understanding of ITIL framework.
• Willing to work alternate shift schedules including nights, weekends, and potentially 12 hour rotations is required.
• Strong customer service skill is a requirement.
Knowledge and experience in any of these areas would be desirable.
• Experience with enterprise monitoring tools such as CA Spectrum, CA SOI, Solarwinds, and network analysis tools such as NetFlow, HPNA, VitalSuite, Spectrum, and other Web-based monitoring tools.
• Knowledgeable on network routing protocols, Ethernet protocols, TCP/IP, MPLS, OSPF, BGP, DSL, Metro Ethernet, Layer 2/Layer 3 switching required.
• Understanding of TCP/IP, IP Subnetting, DNS, and DHCP.
• Understanding of administrative level experience with Windows servers and progressive knowledge of computer system hardware setup and troubleshooting skills.
• Experience supporting a large scale, multiple LPAR, mainframe environment including IPL’s, and CICS support.
• Understanding of ITIL processes including Incident Management, Change Management, and Problem Management.
• ITIL Foundation certification a plus.