Request ID: EPC-8437-1 (910491030)
MMIS PM (PMP) with BA, data analysis, reporting specifications development and Medicaid/healthcare experience
Location: Columbia, SC
Duration: 12 Months
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
– 5 years or more in project management.
– 3 years project planning experience, including effort estimation on technical tasks and resource allocation
– 3 years Business Analysis experience.
– 2 years experience in any software development capacity.
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
– Experience with developing reporting specifications and data analysis
– Experience with software development from a coding perspective
– PMP Certification preferred
BS in computer science or computer information systems preferred.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for project/program management functions for the Replacement MMIS (RMMIS). Will primarily lead a project to manage transition of existing internal and external reports (e.g., federal reporting, agency billing, claims reconciliation) from legacy systems to replacement solutions. Project will support client efforts to improve overall data governance and support the management and exchange of data across the State’s Medicaid Enterprise.
With direction from the RMMIS Program Director and Program Manager, applies RMMIS project/program management practices, governance standards, processes and metrics to project implementation. Ensures milestones and deliverables for RMMIS projects/programs are defined, tracked and communicated in a consistent and effective manner. Incorporates effective change and risk management controls. Partners with other IT organizations, client business leadership and other key stakeholders to define opportunities, to identify and prioritize business needs based on predefined criteria (return on investment, productivity, compliance), and to assess interdependencies. Directs project business case and requirements development. Responsible for ensuring project is completed on time, within budget and to an agreed quality level. Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in project/program management, portfolio management methodologies and tools. Must be able to develop clear, concise recommendations for executive/management decision-making and secure approval for project progress.
– Responsible for overall coordination and documentation of reporting requirements from various departments;
– Work closely with Business Analysts and Technical Writers to gather information from business owners to close requirement gaps, including process flows, report specifications, and data models
– Based on project discovery activities, evaluate and propose strategy and timeline for distributing reporting requirements across technology solutions
– Responsible for evaluating and communicating what steps will be required to reach a “Done” state to departments contributing to project development;
– Responsible for tracking priority and directing business owners to information showing current state of completion of reporting requirements. Complete project intake and manage stakeholder reviews, deliverables, and testing appropriate for complexity of project
– Lead project through successive phases based on executive/management-level decisions
– Work closely with business owners and Testing Center of Excellence (TCOE) staff for reporting development, testing, and validation
– Work closely with business owners to establish operational work flows for efficient reporting following transition
The Replacement MMIS Project Manager will interact with staff, other team members, all levels of management and internal and external organizations, including vendors performing outsourced work.
Education Bachelor of Science Degree Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Miscellaneous Software development Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 2 – 4 Years
Program Management Project planning experience, including effort estimation on technical tasks and resource allocation Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 2 – 4 Years
Program Management Project Management Professional (PMP) certification No 1 Expert Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Specialties Business Analysis experience Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 2 – 4 Years
Specialties Project Management Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 – 6 Years