Job ID: NC-596794(95490726)
Network Engineer (CCNP/CCNA must) with Catalyst, Nexus, WAP, LAN/VLAN and IP Addressing/Subnetting experience
Location: Raleigh, NC(NCDHHS)
Duration: 2 months
Interview: In-person only
Cisco CCNP Certification Required 5 Years
Cisco CCIE Certification Desired 5 Years
Cisco Catalyst 36xx, 38xx, Cisco Nexus 2K, 3K and 9K hands-on experience Required 7 Years
Cisco CCNA Wireless Certification Desired 3 Years
Cisco 2000 and 3000 series wireless access points hands-on experience Required 5 Years
Cisco 5500 series wireless control unit hands-on experience Required 5 Years
Advanced level of knowledge and experience with Local Area Networks (LANs) design and topologies, VLAN configuration, IP Addressing/Subnetting Required 5 Years
Strong level of knowledge and experience with wireless networking design, implementation and troubleshooting is required. Required 5 Years
Expected Skills: 5-7 years of current hands-on experience with Cisco network switch equipment (36xx and 38xx-series switches as well as Cisco 2K, 3K and 9K network switches) configuration, deployment, testing and troubleshooting including, but not limited to VLAN configuration, fiber optic SFP configuration, QoS services configuration and PoE configuration. Current Cisco CCNP certification required. Current Cisco CCIE certification preferred. Current hands-on experience with Cisco wireless network infrastructure including, but not limited to 2xxx and 3xxx-series wireless access points and 5500-series wireless control units. Cisco CCNA Wireless certification preferred.
Description (including, but not limited to):
1. Configuration, installation and testing of Cisco LAN switch equipment (36xx and 38xx-series switches) for multiple IDF closets in multiple campus and field office buildings.
a. Installation includes reviewing current switch stack configurations to determine template configurations for new equipment, assessing switch port configurations to properly duplicate special port configurations on new equipment and creating cabling maps to ensure all network connections are properly re-connected as part of the implementation of new equipment.
b. Implementation of data, voice, wireless and other VLANs as part of standard network configuration templates.
c. Review of Power-over-Ethernet utilization and requirements to determine whether network adjustments will be required as part of network equipment deployment.
2. Configuration and installation of Cisco wireless access points in multiple campus and field office buildings.
a. Installation will be coordinated with data cabling team and DHHS ITD Network Services team. Configuration of wireless access points will be coordinated with DHHS ITD Network Services team.
b. Site survey verification, performance testing and system monitoring of wireless network environment to ensure acceptable network performance will be required throughout the project.
3. Advanced level of knowledge and experience with Local Area Networks (LANs) design and topologies, VLAN configuration, IP Addressing/Subnetting and use of TCP/IP protocols is required.
4. Strong level of knowledge and experience with wireless networking design, implementation and troubleshooting is required.
5. Strong understanding of IT processes and procedures required.
6. Ability to follow project plans and work independently is required.