Job ID: MNSITE-1596 (90090809)
Part-Time TFS Admin with CMMI, Build, Release features, TFS 2010/2018, Agile, MS PowerShell and equivalent experience
Location: St. Paul, MN
Duration: 06+ months (20Hr per week)
Interview: In-person Only
Minimum Qualifications :
• 5 years’ experience in TFS administration.
• 3 years’ experience in installation and configuration of TFS.
• 2 years’ experience in using TFS Build and Release features.
• 2 years’ experience in migrating to CMMI workflows.
• 1 year experience in TFS 2018 administration.
Desired Skills :
• Experience in migrations from TFS 2010 to 2018.
• Experience in migrations from Agile customized workflows to CMMI workflows.
• Data and Application migration experience.
• Scripting experience with tools e.g., MS PowerShell or equivalent.
• Experience in analyzing complexities of a system and developing effective solutions.
• Resource has a current residence status within the 5 state area which includes Minnesota, Wisconsin, South Dakota, North Dakota, and Iowa.
Description of Project :
This is a reposting of MNSITE-1576. MNSITE-1576 was a Select 15 posting that did not receive any responses.
This project will use industry best practices and design solution experience to successfully accomplish an upgrade from TFS 2010 to TFS 2018. In addition to the upgrade to TFS 2018, the project will migrate an existing customized Agile workflow to the CMMI workflow within TFS. End user training and documentation will also be expected deliverables for the project. Anticipated project duration will be approximately 6 months with heavy participation from the consultant during project initiation to perform analysis of the current TFS environment. After the initial analysis, time expectations for the consultant will become lower until the actual migration date which may require more time depending on the issues encountered during the migration. Please anticipate an average of 20 hours per week depending on the project needs.
All work must be completed onsite at the DOC Central Office located at 1450 Energy Park Drive, St. Paul, MN. The candidate must be available during core business hours – 9:00AM – 3:00PM. Parking is free.
Sample Tasks :
• Apply advanced TFS administration experience and skill to accomplish project objectives.
• Complete analysis of the current TFS environment.
• Provide insight and recommendations for TFS technology direction and implementation.
• Respond to TFS break/fix issues, troubleshoot and help to resolve them and make recommendations for corrective action.
• Work independently with minimal guidance while also participating on project teams.
• Provide documentation and end user training.
• Provide clear, concise and honest communication.
• Complete other duties as requested by MNIT/Correction staff.
• Provide knowledge transfer.