Job ID: NC-585401 (96290122)
Production Support Analyst with root cause analysis, troubleshooting and ServiceNow experience
Location: Raleigh NC (NCDOT)
Duration: 12 months
Positions: 1 (1/2)
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
BS/BA degree in Computer Science or equivalent education and work experience in a distributed web services and/or enterprise software environment. Required 7 Years
Experience providing production support or similar role. Required 7 Years
Strong working knowledge of office applications, i.e. MS Excel, MS Word, Visio, MS Access and PowerPoint. Required 7 Years
Written and verbal communications are clear, concise and achieve intended objectives. Required 7 Years
Problem Diagnosis skills, i.e., root cause analysis, discovery, replication, troubleshooting, resolution, verification, communication and escalation. Required 7 Years
Experience with Service Now Highly desired 3 Years
• Provide Level 2 Applications Business Leadership for the Facilities Access Control System (FACS) & Enterprise Applications.
• Provide Level 2 application support for FACS and ensure it is operational during business hours
• Monitor FACS by regular review of system health indicators, reports from the system utilizing system dashboards and reports to assist the customers and the stakeholders.
• Note problems and identify performance trends. Where approved, take correction action to improve performances and circumvent problems from arising.
• Provide Level 2 Help Desk Leadership and support and interfaces with the business & our NCDOT Help Desk.
• Receive, log and fully document requests for support from help desk using ServiceNow, other service delivery staff and/or users; investigate problems and other requests for support and determine appropriate actions to take
• Assist the Enterprise Application team by identifying problems and route all technical problems to the Level 3 Technical Applications team.
• Monitor progress of resolution of requests for support and ensure users and other interested parties are kept informed.
• Communicate business and technical information to a variety of internal and external stakeholders both verbally and in writing.
• Defines and documents customer business functions and processes.
• Consults with business management and personnel to identify, define and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, and levels of systems access
• Analyzes the feasibility of and develops requirements for enhancements to existing systems; ensures the system design fits the needs of the users.
• Tracks and fully documents change for functional and business specifications; writes detailed universally understood procedures for permanent records and for use in training.
• Identifies opportunities for improving business processes through information systems and/or non-system driver changes; assists in the preparation of proposals to develop systems and/or operational changes.