Job ID: NC-620713 (99090225 )
SSIS ETL Developer/SQL Server DBA (must) with SQL, DQS, MDS, ITSM/ITBM, ServiceNow, Amazon RedShift, cloud/AWS/Azure and Agile/Scrum experience
Location: Raleigh NC (NCCCS)
Duration: 12 months
Positions: 1 (1/1)
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
IT Industry Experience Required 8 Years
Data Integration and ETL experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) or other industry leading tools Required 5 Years
Experience in SQL programming Required 8 Years
Experience in designing and developing ETL processes including naming conventions and experience connecting to various systems Required 5 Years
Experience in identifying and mapping data elements across multiple systems including creating templates and best practices to maintain mappings Required 4 Years
Strong understanding of data quality and validation Required 3 Years
Understanding of Master Data Management (MDM), data warehouse/data marts Required 3 Years
Clear understanding and experience with Microsoft platforms to include SSIS, DQS and MDS Required 3 Years
Understanding of ITSM/ITBM. Preference given to staff who have knowledge of ServiceNow. Highly desired 2 Years
Understanding and implementation of Amazon Redshift Highly desired 3 Years
Working knowledge of cloud technologies, including AWS and Azure Required 3 Years
Experience using Agile Scrum methodology Highly desired 3 Years
Recent professional experience as an MS SQL DBA Required 5 Years
The NC Community College System (NCCCS) is seeking two expert SQL DBAs, with preference given to expertise in AWS and RedShift. We are seeking a 12 month assignment. This position with work with the NCCCS in Raleigh, NC, and the 58 NC community colleges.
The individual(s) will be accountable for the successful design, development and delivery of SQL solutions in a cloud environment, initially with AWS and Azure and Amazon RedShift. From a data perspective, this position will implement systems focused on best practices for data access, data cleansing and data integration solution to include development of databases to support development, QA and production environments.
Expected Skills: Able to work without assistance; can provide leadership to others; able to manage highly complex work efforts; may have advanced education; may have extensive industry experience.
Description (including, but not limited to):
1. Data analysis and database management
2. Maintenance, enhancement, designing of data dictionaries, physical and logical database models, and performance tuning
3. (Logical) Administration of application objects within database; maintenance of business requirements for database, database schema, data maps, ERDs, application objects (i.e., tables, indexes, views, etc.); performance of database application tuning; provision of business and data requirements and data for capacity planning
4. (Physical) Environment-level administration; installation/patch/upgrade of database software; management of HA, database-level security; maintenance of database configuration files and data files; completion of database reorganizations, environment tuning, refreshes, exports and imports, backup and recovery; performance of capacity planning driven by technology and resource usage trends
This work order is essential for service delivery of the following:
1. The DBA Team has one (1) SQL Server Administrator on staff. These positions will work with the DBA team in conjunction with the Data Warehouse team.