Job ID: TX-52990000008077 (99490911)
Location: Austin TX (HHSC)
Duration: 12 months
8 Experiencing acquiring data from multiple data sources/technologies for use by a Tableau data visualization object. Technologies should include Oracle, SQL Server, Microsoft Excel, and Adobe Pdf files
8 Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with experience as a system analyst for a data analytics, performance management system, or data warehousing project.
5 Experience developing dashboards and reports using Tableau, including connecting to external data sources.
5 Prior experience creating website/user interfaces by using standards HTML/CSS practices
5 Technical writing and diagraming skills, including proficiency with modeling and mapping tools (e.g., Visio, Erwin), the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and MS Project.
4 Integration of data from various back-end services and databases
4 Experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units.
4 Experience on an agile sprint team
2 Experience with JIRA software
Yes Proven ability to write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
Yes Functional knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc.)
Yes Understanding of security principles and how they apply to healthcare data
Strong Understanding of user-interface, cross-browser compatibility general web functions and standards, and accessibility requirements
Strong Experience with state-of-the-art software components for a performance metrics data visualization or business intelligence environment
Strong Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Strong Effectively manage multiple responsibilities, prioritize conflicting assignments, and switch quickly between assignments, as required.
Yes Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business or equivalent experience.
3+ Prior experience in the Healthcare Industry
2+ Prior experience with an HHS agency
HHSC IT is currently in the planning stage of an HHS Performance Portal pilot initiative with a goal to accomplish the following:
• Implementation and configuration of the infrastructure for the performance portal pilot
• Design, development, and implementation (DD&I) of the performance portal using an agile methodology for all standard SDLC phases that includes, but is not limited to:
• Validation of performance metric requirements
• Creation of EPICS/User Stories
• Creation and validation of dashboard and report mock-ups
• Automation of data acquisition from a variety of data sources
• Dashboard and report development
• Testing – integration, load and stress, and user
• Deployment / publication internally and externally
• Operations support and enhancement of the Performance Portal pilot
This development effort will utilize an agile methodology based upon the approach currently in use at HHSC for the Texas Integrated Eligibility Redesign System (TIERS). As a member of the agile development team, the worker responsibilities may include:
• Designing, coding and modifying websites, from layout to function and according to specifications provided
• Creating visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation
• Working closely with other members of the team to address technical problems
• Assisting with the implementation and configuration of developmental tools
• Collaborating with other members of the Data Analytics Support Team, stakeholders, and third party vendors so designs meet the business objectives for publication and visualization for performance management
• Participation in requirements and design sessions
• Data acquisition from a variety of data sources
• Mockup development and user validation
• Analysis and diagnoses of accessibility related problems and documents proposed corrective actions or alternative methods of access
• Interpreting new and changing business requirements to determine the impact and proposing enhancements and changes to meet these new requirements
• Producing and maintaining technical specifications, diagrams, or other documentation as needed to support the DD&I efforts
• Work closely with the Chief Data Architect and Technical Architect on implementation designs and data acquisition strategies.
• All other duties as assigned.
Other Special Requirements:
If the Vendor or any of its Workers participate in the preparation of specifications for any solicitation (e.g. Request for Proposal (RFP), Request for Offer (RFO), etc.) that may result from work performed by the Vendor under this agreement, or if the Vendor or any of its Workers are capable of influencing the development of such specifications by virtue of the Vendor’s work under this agreement, the Vendor and its Workers are prohibited from performing any services or receiving any compensation under a contract resulting from such a solicitation.