Request ID: ePC-8427-1 (97591026)
Technical Writer with SharePoint, Confluence and healthcare experience
Location: Columbia, SC
Duration: 12 Months
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
– Bachelor’s Degree
– 5 years of experience in technical writing
– 5 years of demonstrated verbal communication skills
– 5 years of demonstrated written communication skills
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
I spoke with the manager, and this position is really a technical writing position. He wants to see candidates that SHOW ON THE RESUME that they know how to read documentation, know how to write documentation, manage that documentation, etc. Candidates with previous healthcare experience is desired as well as candidates that have previously worked with healthcare providers.
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
The Replacement Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) project is one of the largest IT projects. It is a multi-year effort to replace the State’s aging MMIS, eligibility system, and related applications with a modern, service oriented architecture based system. This project will be very complex and will demand exceptionally high quality team members with good language skills, and a focus on delivery of high quality work products.
Researches, organizes, writes, edits, and produces technical data for projects. Organizes material and writes descriptive copy according to standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology. May participate in the establishment of style guidelines and standards for texts and illustrations.
• Interact with subject matter experts and technical staff to collect information.
• Coordinates of the editing, composition, production, and delivery in accordance with applicable specifications, standards, and other requirements.
• Participates in the establishment of guidelines and standards for text and graphics.
• Conducts research on the subject matter including interviewing and observing subject matter experts, researching journals, on-line sources, and other substantive source material to write technical materials.
• Coordinates of ancillary services and interdepartmental activities required for publication, preparation, and delivery.
• Coordinates the quality-control activities required to ensure the accuracy and adequacy of each publication, including in-process and final reviews, editing for compliance with all applicable specifications and standards, validation, and change verification.
• Produces publications using computerized composition and text-management systems.
• Maintains constantly high qualitative and quantitative output standards to ensure that quality publications are produced.
• Completes all projects within the established schedules and authorized funding.
• Complies with all applicable specifications, standards, and other project constraints.
• Establishes and achieves annual quality and productivity goals.
Administrative Verbal Communication Skills Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Administrative Written Communication Skills Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Database Platforms MS SharePoint No 1 Expert Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Documentation/Language Technical writing Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Education BA Degree- Technical, Business, or Healthcare field Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Miscellaneous Confluence No 1 Expert Currently Using 4 – 6 Years