Request ID: ePC-8407-1 (98091029)
Technical Writer with SharePoint, Visio, System Security Plans/Advance Planning Documents/RFP, LEAN/Agile, Bizagi and healthcare/government experience
Location: Columbia SC
Duration: 12 Months
Remote: 20% possible
Resume: 5 pages max
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. 5+ years of documented Information Technology-related work experience.
2. 4+ years of technical writing experience in positions requiring the development of structured written
materials and visual aids.
3. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
4. Ability to interact with internal and external vendors, project team members, management, and agency
departments and to build relationships and use facilitation skills with both technical and non-technical
5. Ability to write, edit, and prepare presentations of technical information for both technical and business
personnel using appropriate and illustrative graphical elements.
6. Experience in organizing information in a way that is appropriate for technical explanations without losing
sight of the needs and aptitude of the audience.
7. Ability to collaborate and coordinate with multiple teams and vendors.
8. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
9. Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks effectively in order to meet deadlines.
10. Have proficiency/understanding of the MS SharePoint application.
11. Must possess advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) to include working with
templates and style guidelines for branding consistency.
12. Keen attention to detail while maintaining the ability to see the big picture.
13. Ability to absorb and retain complex processes.
14. Strong English language skills.
15. Demonstrable understanding of the rules of English grammar and usage.
16. Ability to accept changes and constructive criticism in a fast turn-around environment.
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. Prior experience in writing System Security Plans, Advance Planning Documents, Requests For Proposals,
or similar documents.
2. Knowledge of Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) concepts and the interdependencies of
3. Understanding of LEAN/Agile development style.
4. Prior experience with Bizagi.
5. Previous public sector work experience.
1. Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism preferred, but if they have a technical degree with a tech writing/business analysis background then that would be great.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Technical Writer/Business Analyst will work with various internal teams including Agency leadership, Project Directors/Project Managers, Technical Directors/Developers, Business and Technology Stakeholders/Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), and other Agency staff to create Information Security-related business and technical documents and artifacts that will be used both internally and externally by OIA, executive management, agency staff, vendors, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), and other stakeholders. We are looking for candidates who are highly organized, can work independently in a fast-paced environment, and produce multiple quality deliverables with varying deadlines. Candidates should be self-starters and creative problem solvers and have the flexibility to learn new products and technologies quickly.
1. Work alongside appropriate staff, teams, stakeholders and other points of contact (POCs) as required to:
understand the goals and objectives of complex information systems with extensive security and
gather information necessary to produce accurate and complete documents and artifacts, and
lead in the creation of document and artifact deliverables supporting OIA efforts and initiatives.
2. Participate in design-level discussions to provide recommendations on document and artifact deliverables
based upon analysis of administrative, technical, and management aspects of information systems and
3. Work with technical staff and business stakeholders to create deliverables and artifacts that are intended
for audiences with various levels of technical knowledge.
4. Organize and write supporting documents as needed.
5. Select and utilize photographs, drawings, diagrams, charts, and other graphical elements that increase
6. Revise documents as changes or modifications to information systems and services occur.
7. Organize and maintain a repository of all documents and artifacts.
Documentation/Language Ability to write, edit, and prepare graphic presentations of technical information for both technical and business personnel Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Education Bachelor of Arts Degree No 1 Advanced Currently Using 2 – 4 Years
Miscellaneous Ability to analyze and document, business and system processes using various methods and tools. Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Miscellaneous Ability to deal effectively with the needs of technical peers, technical and user management, users, vendors, and staff members, and to communicate clearly and effectively in spoken and written form Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Miscellaneous Interpret business process and business data models Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Miscellaneous TRANSLATE COMPLEX BUSINESS REQUIREMENTS INTO TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 6 + Years
Packaged Applications MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Specialties Technical writing experience on similar sized projects. Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years