Job ID: NC-618324 (93690123)
Telecom Technician with MS Excel, telephone/cable installation, networking and inventory/warehouse management experience
Location: Raleigh, NC (NCDIT)
Duration: 12 months
Interview:In Person only
Basic computer skills and a familiarity with MS Excel Required 3 Years
Some experience installing telephone sets. Required 2 Years
Some experience installing Telecom cabling Required 2 Years
Familiarity with data networking Required 3 Years
Inventory and warehouse experience Required 2 Years
Ability to lift 50 pounds Required
Ability to verbally communicate effectively with customers and technical staff Required
MUST have a truck or van to transport material Required
The person in this position will be focused on supporting the deployment of Cisco telephone sets and ancillary equipment for the NC Department of Information Technology Voice Operations team.
• Receive equipment from the DIT warehouse group, inventory that equipment and add it to our inventory tracking system.
• Transport the equipment to the DIT off-site warehouse for staging.
• Stage the equipment for deployment to sites.
• Deliver equipment to customer sites and update inventory.
• Install telephone sets on customer desks and ensure that they connect to the network.
• Install ancillary equipment (routers and gateways) in telecom rooms and patch as required.
• Respond to tier 1 trouble calls both Cisco and Avaya telephone sets.
• Perform basic MACD work for both Cisco and Avaya telephone sets.
Skillsets that are required or Nice to Have:
• Basic computer skills and a familiarity with MS Excel
• Some experience installing telephone sets.
• Some experience installing Telecom cabling, patching etc
• Familiarity with data networking
• Inventory and warehouse experience
• Ability to lift 50 pounds
• Ability to verbally communicate effectively with customers and technical staff
• MUST have a truck or van to transport material