Request ID: EPC-8439-1 (910191101)
UC4/Automic/Linux Admin with Oracle experience
Location: CLEMSON SC
Duration: 6 Months
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
The Senior UC4/Automic role has four major attributes: system administration, software development leadership, people skills, and domain knowledge in enterprise class multi-tier application development projects. Candidates must display excellence in all areas.
• Proven UC4/Automic experience in managing and supporting the application in a Linux environment (preferably a RedHat-based) as well as general Linux systems administration.
• Demonstrated success in supporting the UC4/Automic application while using Oracle as the database.
• Understanding of IT development and implementation projects.
• Strong written and oral communications skills, including the ability to give presentations to project management. Strong proficiency in English.
• Impeccable integrity. Candidates must be confident with their abilities to make correct decisions and the courage to speak out when necessary.
• Willingness and ability to effectively engage with people and organizations on a continuous basis.
Bachelors degree in a technical, business, or related field. Masters degree is desirable.
None required. UC4/Automic training/certification is beneficial.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Client is seeking Senior UC4/Automic professionals with the knowledge and experience including the Linux operating system along with comparable communication and interpersonal skills to enable success on this high-visibility project. Position will perform application management support for UC4/Automic Operational Manager enterprise scheduler. Position will be required to provide technical analysis, incident management and reporting. Position will also perform some Linux systems administration on a shared team.
• Provide Application Admin Support of client Enterprise Scheduling Applications
• Develop or drive development of monitoring solutions to assist in the Application Admin Support
• Develop reporting solutions for analyzing jobs runs and batch environment.
• Support triage of real time production incidents as well as root cause analysis of batch jobs that introduce an undesirable affect in the production environment.
• Manage upgrade or migration efforts related to existing jobs
• Work with Job Scheduling team in development and provide training related to job standards and methods, escalation processes, and diagnostic approaches.
• Develop or drive development of disaster recovery solutions for job scheduling and ensure high availability of the UC4/Automic Application
• Managing patch levels and planning future upgrades to the UC4/Automic product
• Documenting job scheduling policies and procedures
• Develop and update reports for application administrative and operational needs
• 24/7 on call support on a rotating schedule.
• Other duties as assigned.
Database Platforms Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Miscellaneous UC4 Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Additional Skills: The Senior UC4/Automic role has four major attributes: system administration, software development leadership, people skills, and domain knowledge in enterprise class multi-tier application development projects. Candidates must display excellence in all areas.