Job ID: NC-615873 (910091212)
Location: Raleigh NC (NCDIT)
Duration: 6 months
Interview: In-person or webcam
Positions: 1 (1/2)
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
Experience with Drupal and web development experience Required 5 Years
Experience with enterprise/multi-site Drupal Required 5 Years
Experience with Drush Required 5 Years
Experience with PHP 5, MySQL 5, and relational databases Required 5 Years
Command of Drupal APIs and hooks Required 5 Years
Strong LAMP background Required 5 Years
Experience with Git or related version control tools Required 5 Years
Experience with RESTful web services design and development Required 5 Years
AWS experience Nice to have 1 Years
Degree in Computer Science or related field Required 4 Years
This position is assigned to the Digital Solutions team of the Department of Information Technology Services and will provide administration and development support for an enterprise Drupal v7-based system ( Digital Commons platform) which runs approximately 60 websites. The Drupal Developer will support high-visibility sites such as the Governor’s Office, DHHS, Revenue, Labor, State Portal (NC.gov), museums, and many more.
Digital Solutions is a small team comprised of three small units: Platform, Development, and Ops. As a member of “Development,” the Drupal Developer will work closely with the Drupal Developer (Contractor), Senior AWS Administrator, and Senior Drupal Developer to support the development of a new Drupal 8 platform. The candidate may provide ongoing Drupal 7 platform support, write migration scripts for D8 migration, take development tickets, provide strategic input and support a range of Drupal/technical objectives for both Drupal 7 and Drupal 8 environments.
The Digital Solutions technical team works in a DevOps-oriented fashion and leverages tools such as TeamCity, TerraForm, BitBucket and Jira for tracking development tickets. The Developer will partner with the AWS Administrator for code deployments, environment management, and more.
The candidate will not simply be in a corner taking tasks, but contributing ideas, feedback, best practices, and his or her hard work to help us build, grow, and manage a 21st century web and digital presence for North Carolina state government.
The right candidate will be…
• Excited to make a positive impact on the delivery of digital services, resources, and content for our state agency partners and citizens.
• Be willing to work outside of core business hours in the event of an emergency or a significant project launch or code deployment.
• Follow security, scalability, and performance best practices
• Prefer open source and be rooted in LAMP stack technologies
• Willing to support traditional web operational tasks as necessary.
• Strongly collaborative. We use Slack to quickly solve problems and share solutions.
• Work in 2-week sprints, using tools such as Jira
• Organize and engage our digital community. Learn about our recent “We Are NC Gov” event, which attracted technologists, IT professionals, communicators and more.
• Enjoy occasional team lunches together